[WBEL-users] SAMBA

Ganeshram Iyer gri0941@exchange.uta.edu
Sun, 01 Aug 2004 15:41:37 -0500

Hello all,

After searching for a week for an answer to  my solution on google,
google groups, samba and microsoft (haha on the last one), I am
desperate now. I was wondering if anyone on WBEL had faced a similar
problem. I recently installed WBEL with samba and made it the domain
master with about 10 Win 2K/XP PCs as clients of that domain. Now my
problem is that we use VS.NET for our project and no one logged on to
the domain can debug their applications or execute from within the
VS.NET IDE. I know that users wishing to do that would need to be in the
"Debugger Users" group in Windows. Any way I can add the users in the
domain to be defined as a part of that group when logging in from Win
PC? Do I need to play around with the "domain admin group" line? Would
that make everyone a domain admin, which is too much permission. Any
suggestions/recommendations/links that you can provide would be highly
useful. I am kinda lost now and am thanking you in advance for all help
provided.

Thanks
Ganesh