[WBEL-users] Trying to Compile Driver for ITE8212 for Liberation Respin 1

Kelvin Param kelvin.param@coherentresearch.com
Tue, 03 Aug 2004 14:20:55 GMT

Hello.

I am trying to compile a driver for the ITE8212 RAID interface that is built
onto the Gigabyte GA-K7N400 Pro motherboard.

I downloaded the driver source from the ITE web site.

I've successfully compiled the 2.4.21-15.EL kernel from source and compiled
the modules but I cannot get the WBEL 3 Liberation Respin 1 installer to
recognize the driver.

I'd appreciate any pointers to how I may compile this driver.

I have a hunch that I'm not using the correct EXTRAVERSION in
/usr/src/2.4.21-15.EL/Makefile. What's the correct EXTRAVERSION for the
installer kernel in WBEL 3 Liberation Respin 1?

I am new at compiling drivers, so I welcome any tips, URLS to read. I've
read and tried to follow a couple of articles on compiling drivers but have
not had success.

Thanks in advance.

Kelvin Param