[WBEL-users] Logout Icon

Mace.Scott@tatravelcenters.com Mace.Scott@tatravelcenters.com
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 08:58:51 -0400

OK, I had never seen this tool before.  It looks like it may be very
useful.  Since he is using VNC to serve the X session, my set up I use for
my Citrix terminals may not work.
Here are some potentially useful links:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/KDE-Kiosk-Mode/index.html

Here's what I used to set up my terminals, but highly customized from
this:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Kiosk-HOWTO.html
and this:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Public-Web-Browser.html

=========================
Scott Mace
Systems Administrator
Travelcenters of America
440-808-4318
mace.scott@tatravelcenters.com
=========================

Jan-Albert van Ree <javanree@vanree.net>
Sent by: whitebox-users-admin@beau.org
08/03/2004 07:09 PM

whitebox-users@beau.org
cc

Subject
Re: [WBEL-users] Logout Icon

On Tuesday 03 August 2004 23:04, Denis Croombs wrote:

> We have 28 terminals which we will be using 1 app (Web browser only) &
up
> to 80 which will use approx 5 apps (KDE or Gnome we would prefer KDE but
> can use either) (all 108 thin (VNC clients))
> BUT the users MUST only see the apps we want and a Logout button.
>
> We are willing to look at any method that provides the end result, any
> clues VERY welcome.

Haven't followed the entire thread but since you seem to be set on KDE
perhaps Kiosk would work? Specify per user (or group) down to the menu's
within an application what's allowed and what not...

http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kiosktool.php

I've only played a bit with it but I think it can do almost everything you

seem to be asking.
--
Jan-Albert van Ree        | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/
VanReeDotNet IT Solutions | http://www.vanree.net