[WBEL-users] Athlon64 AMD64 motherboard recommendation

Bob Ramstad rramstad@alum.mit.edu
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 15:08:53 -0700

Hi, been searching the archives, no luck, thought I'd post.

Pretty new to WBEL, we've got it running really well here on some
ancient hardware as a test, and are planning to roll it out and
replace a couple of production servers.

We're strongly considering upgrading hardware at the same time, and
are intrigued by the Athlon64 processors on Socket 939.

I'd really appreciate if folks who are running these processors could
take a minute and post here and tell us which motherboards they're
running, if they worked out of the box using Respin1 or not... or if
there was anything weird you had to do to get them running.

I'm leaning towards NForce3 based boards, as these seem to be really
common, but I'm wondering if the built in stuff, like Ethernet, is
easy to enable and configure.

Anyone got a really sweet integrated server type motherboard suggestion for me?

Thanks in advance!

-- Bob