[WBEL-users] Missing GPG keys on updates

Vicki Reeves vickir@beau.org
Fri, 06 Aug 2004 09:38:57 -0500

William Hooper wrote:
> The latest GCC, gnome-vfs, and libpng packages are missing their GPG key.  If you really need them, you can either install them manually or with the "--nosig" parameter on up2date.  IIRC yum would need editing the yum.conf "gpgcheck=0".

Thanks for the quick response on this, William.  Bugzilla seems to be
trying to rain security advisories on John's parade.

I do have the GPG key but not instructions for how to sign a package
that has already gone out.

John's on the road all day today.  He's headed for one of those
'underserved' rural areas but he'll catch an Internet connection as soon
as possible.  If there's something I can do to fix this, he'll let me
know then.

Relax though, if we hit a major snag I can reach him by cell phone. I'd
just rather give him a fairly undisturbed and relaxing vacation if at
all possible.

In the meantime thank you for sharing the instructions on how to 'get
by'.  This is my first attempt at WBEL babysitting -- I need all the
help I can get!

This is me:
Vicki Reeves          vickir@beau.org        http://www.beau.org/~vickir

This is where I work:
Beauregard Parish Library                        http://library.beau.org
205 South Washington Ave, DeRidder, LA 70634           (337)463-6217 x19
  The Library does not necessarily agree with everything I write :-D

Geek code 3.1:GIT d? s-:++ a? C++ L++$ W++ w-- Y+ b+ G e r+++

                              <><