[WBEL-users] Issues to yum / WBEL

Alex Tkachenko alex@ingrian.com
Fri, 06 Aug 2004 16:26:08 -0700

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 10:11, Jeremy Bowers wrote:
> >Infos:
> >
> >Yum.conf
> >[main]
> >cachedir=/var/cache/yum
> >debuglevel=2
> >logfile=/var/log/yum.log
> >pkgpolicy=newest
> >distroverpkg=whitebox-release
> >tolerant=1
> >exactarch=1
> >retries=20
> >failovermethod=roundrobin
> >gpgcheck=1
> >exclude=kernel*
> >

> exclude=kernel* MIGHT have something to do with it......
My bet - it has not. I had the same problem here, but I use internal yum
server - until I removed all the older kernel packages, the latest one
was ignored by yum-arch. But my yum server runs quite an old version of
yum, so I thought it may be just because of this.

And actually this is the second time it happens - first time it was with
php upgrade couple of weeks ago.

General question: why keep older packages in the yum repo, if you can't
install it through yum anyway, only the latest one?

Just my 2 cents