[WBEL-users] About WB maintainers

Mathieu LUBRANO Mathieu.LUBRANO@amdm.fr
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:13:06 +0200

Message en plusieurs parties au format MIME
--=_alternative 0027A6A9C1256EED_=

>On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 08:23, Mathieu LUBRANO wrote:
>
>> WB seems the most active RHEL clone, and the cleanest rebuild
>> (compared to tao and centos), but what if beau.org or John give up ?
>
>I don't know about the organisational structure of the WB team, but I'm
>sure if they give up, there will be someone waiting in the wings to take
>over. Thats what happens with open source software right?

Wrong, sorry: if no one knows about WB internals (tracking,
rebuilding...), websites and projects, the only way to take over is
creating your own forked distribution (lot of rework, quality issues, new
hosting...), or abandon it. This is what I don't want.

--=_alternative 0027A6A9C1256EED_=

&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; WB seems the most active RHEL clone, and the cleanest rebuild<br>
&gt;&gt; (compared to tao and centos), but what if beau.org or John give
up ?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;I don't know about the organisational structure of the WB team, but
I'm<br>
&gt;sure if they give up, there will be someone waiting in the wings to
take<br>
&gt;over. Thats what happens with open source software right?<br>
</tt></font>
rebuilding...), websites and projects, the only way to take over is creating
your own forked distribution (lot of rework, quality issues, new hosting...),
or abandon it. This is what I don't want.</tt></font>
--=_alternative 0027A6A9C1256EED_=--