[WBEL-users] Experience with IDE Raid-Controller

Jan-Albert van Ree javanree@vanree.net
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 20:53:08 +0200

On Wednesday 11 August 2004 20:02, Paul Pianta wrote:
> piccardi wrote:
> >Have someone experience with IDE Raidcontroller like promise or
> > Dawicontrol
> >
> >thanks
>
> I have had some experience with a Promise raid controller - it was not a
> good experience :\
>
> The drivers are not completely open source and I never managed to get
> them to work. I would look at better supported brands like 3 ware or
> adaptec.

100% agreed... my Tyan board has a Promise controller, I ended up using it as
regular IDE controller since the driver hassle wasn't worth it and using
Linux software RAID since (which works perfectly)
--
Jan-Albert van Ree        | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/
VanReeDotNet IT Solutions | http://www.vanree.net