[WBEL-users] LVM on RAID using diskdruid during RHEL setup

Alex Tkachenko alex@ingrian.com
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:27:29 -0700

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 13:04, Alex Georgiev wrote:
> Alex Tkachenko wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 10:39, Kirby Bohling wrote:
> >

> > As I recall from our discussion about two months ago there is a problem
> > with RAIDed LVM in text mode. Search WBEL mailing list archives for the
> > subject "Problem with kickstart" for the workaround. GUI should not have
> > any issues though.
> >
> > Alex
> >
> >>	Kirby

> Yep it works fine in Graphical mode. It does not in text mode.
> I had problems setting up raid in text mode.
> I just wanted to skip burning 3 iso's, doing a http install.
> Apparantly text mode is the only option for net installs.
> How odd.
Alex,

I would highly recommend investing some time in setting up a kickstart
environment (we use it with NFS, but you could use any other supported
method). This way you could script unattended installs and do not have
to click on every damn button on the screen :)

With the repo RPMS fully up-to date, working pxegrub (beware of e1000)
and properly configured kickstart file setting up a desktop ready to use
right after install takes 20 minutes (well, in my case it is even less,
but I am trying to protect myself from being called a liar :)

Take care,
Alex