[WBEL-users] About WB maintainers

Paul subsolar@subsolar.org
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 21:13:25 -0500

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 05:25, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> > ?
> > >
> > >I don't know about the organisational structure of the WB team, but
> > I'm
> > >sure if they give up, there will be someone waiting in the wings to
> > take
> > >over. Thats what happens with open source software right?
<SNIP>

> You don't even need to convert ... just download the RHEL SRPM updates
> and rebuild them yourself and continue adding updates to WBEL until RHEL
> 3 is unsupported ... in 4 years.

That's exactly the plan I have right now if WBEL would dry up.  I
imagine that as more people start using it that there will be more
people to help out.

If I had a better idea what was needed I would like to contribute.  I'm
not a hardcore programmer, but I don't think WBEL needs programmers
since it's trying to stay as close to the RHEL tree as possible.

Regards,
Paul Berger

--
Duct Tape - When a temporary solution is good enough!