[WBEL-users] FrontPage eGads!!!

John Hinton webmaster@ew3d.com
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 22:17:19 -0400

Well, this is obviously a M$ product going on a 'nix OS! WOW what a dog!

But, yes, I must... So I threw up a box to do this only so as not to
'taint' the good servers and I'm really glad I did it in this
fashion.... or at least have attempted to do it in this fashion.

I'm hitting snags. Does anybody know of a good RHEL/WBEL install page
for FPEs? I have about 20 or more segmented hours into it and finally
gleaned at least enough to be able to get to the admin page and actually
'see' the graphics for the page. I can even do a bit with it, but, it is
still bombing on the administer this site area and just refuses to let
me hit the proper .htaccess info to get to the other pages. Yes,
AllowOverride All is set everywhere in my httpd.conf file.

Looking for some help here if anyone has actually done this. Seems a
really good how to would be in order, if anyone can actually make it
through all the steps and then remember the mish mash of what they did
to get there. And then, on one install, a simple mistake of using
Mozilla to try to do the configs destroyed a critical file... and yes, I
was off to installing it all yet again for the 167th time... paging thru
the damned legaleze... all 6 pages.. as just another interruption of my
interruptions.

Yes, I am frustrated. I'm sorry but I can't help but see this as yet
another ploy by M$ to do all they can to hurt the rest out there, while
I'm in fact trying to help our users have the ability to use a M$
product... Sorry... no more comments as they only get worse. Oh... I can
say that I do in fact think the FrontPage table editor it by far the
best one I've ever used! But that is the end of it from me...

Dependancy hell? That ain't squat compared to this!

Best,
John Hinton