[WBEL-users] SSH Info

Ed ekg@tricity.wsu.edu
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 16:56:56 -0700

Ed Morrison wrote:
> Hi Ed,
>
> I actually did that but it didn't change anything with how ssh works.  I
> can still login and use ssh1.

Hey Ed,
Perversely, sshd will *not* restart if you're logged in using ssh.  You
can however make a shell script with stops sshd, and then restarts it.
I'm not sure I'd try this unless I could get someone to restart the
service locally just in case.  Or you could temporarily enable telnet so
you have a "plan B".

remhost$ at now + 1 minute
at> service sshd stop
at> servies sshd start