[WBEL-users] FrontPage eGads!!!

Thomas E. Haynes haynest@mchsi.com
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 06:21:57 -0500

[Haynes, Thomas]

Here are some things I found online, and this is what I would do if I were
troubleshooting your vhosts problem.

- If you changed your DocumentRoot, or if you have a VirtualHost whose
  DocumentRoot is not under the main DocumentRoot, you will need to add some
  lines into your httpd.conf. This example suppose your VirtualHost is in
  /var/www/html2:
   <Directory /var/www/html2>
   Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
   AllowOverride All
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
   </Directory>

- If you have problems with VirtualHosts, make sure you have those lines in
  your Vhosts.conf:
    Port 80
    ServerRoot /etc/httpd
    ResourceConfig /dev/null
    AccessConfig /dev/null

- Always make sure you have a valid ServerName and that the name has a valid
  DNS entry.