[WBEL-users] ssh, root, and remote backups

James Knowles jamesk@ifm-services.com
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 21:02:51 -0600

>Looks pretty secure to me...but I also have a special ssh key on remote
>root account, which is restricted to the IP of the host initiating the
>backup and to the command which is produced by rsync on remote side.

Ahhh... very clever. I didn't know that you could do that.

Google found some step-by-step articles right off the bat.

This one assumed little prior knowledge, which helped me grasp what's
going on:

http://www.hackinglinuxexposed.com/articles/20030109.html

ssh keeps revealing more surprises over time. It's quite a piece of work.