[WBEL-users] DVD ISO

Thomas E. Haynes haynest@mchsi.com
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 18:01:15 -0500

[Haynes, Thomas]

I took a different approach on this one and created a mini-install CD. With
a kickstart file, it partitions, formats and installs a mini installation
with samba, apache, mysql, etc. all off the CD. The CD is 340 meg or so, and
I can update or install anything I want via yum.

Next I want to figure out an easy way to get all the rpms updated so that
the first yum -y update doesn't take forever.

I created this CD to hand out at conferences when I do my integrating
technology in the classroom presentations.

A similar installation (that got me working on this project) has "served" us
very well.

Regards...   Tom