[WBEL-users] Oracle 10g on WBEL

Thu, 19 Aug 2004 04:02:45 -0500

On Wed, 2004-08-18 at 15:23, Richard Swift wrote:
> Hello all -
>
> I realize this subject was covered once before but I wanted to revisit it
> and get a little more information on successful installs or pitfalls
> anyone has had setting up Oracle 10g on WBEL.

I had absolutely zero problems when following this page:
http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle10g.shtml

You may need to backup the file /etc/whitebox-release and then edit it
and change the text inside to:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon)

After the install is complete, you can change the text inside back to
what it before ... if you have all the latest WBEL updates, it should be
be:

White Box Enterprise Linux release 3.0 (Liberation Respin 1)

Johnny Hughes
< http://www.hughesjr.com >