[WBEL-users] Updates

Randy Kelsoe randykel@swbell.net
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 18:48:58 -0500

Duane @ Morris Families wrote:

>Read the FAQ's.. A little vague..  Up2date runs for ever, but does not go
>far.  I finally got kernel updates one night, but cannot seem to get any
>other.
>
>Recommendations?

No recommendations, but I have seen this as well and was going to post
this problem. Up2date was working fine until a few weeks ago. Now, it
runs for a very long time, and even if I kill the process, my system is
extremely slow. Even an ls -l takes a long time. Top shows nothing using
a lot of CPU or memory, and if I reboot, the system speeds back up until
I run up2date again.

# rpm -qa |grep up2date
up2date-gnome-4.3.19-1.WB1
up2date-4.3.19-1.WB1

in case that helps. IIRC, this happened after I uncommented Dag's
repository in my sources file, but I have since commented that line out,
and the only two repositories I am using are on a local machine that is
rsynced with a WhiteBox mirror.

My machine has 512MB memory, and is a Celeron 1.1GHZ.

Ok, this is weird: I just tried up2date again to verify the problem, and
it worked fine.  There are no errors in my /var/log/up2date files.

What version of up2date are you running?