[WBEL-users] Updates

Randy Kelsoe randykel@swbell.net
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:17:58 -0500

Joe Pruett wrote:

>i have found that quite a number of the mirrors are horribly slow, or
>worse don't actually have the software on them (specificially the extras
>area seems to be the worst).  so out of 10 invocations of up2date, 3 will
>hang, 4 will bomb out, 2 will run slowly, and 1 will run in a reasonable
>amount of time.
>
>i am only at the experimenting stage of wb, but if it start using it
>heavily i will make my own mirror and tweak the config files
>appropriately.

The mirror/repository is not a problem for me. I have setup my own on a
machine running Fedora Core 2 on my network. I have updated other
machines running FC1 and 2 from the mirror, and the WEB machine is the
only one that has behaved this way. I saw the problem for about a week
and a half, and not it seems to be gone. Maybe it's not even related to
up2date.