[WBEL-users] HP ProLiant ML530 G2 Install

Andrew Vong andrewvong@finpress.com
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 03:02:01 +0800

Greetings,

I am new to WBEL and in fact was introduced to it by a friend of mine. I
just managed to download the ISO files dated June 16, 2004 (respin 1) and
burned them onto CDs.

I recently discovered that the server I am managing (a HP ProLiant ML530
G2) installed with Red Hat Linux 7.2 was compromised and have no choice but
to perform a full re-install. As HP only supports specific versions of OSes
for this server, my choices were:-

- RHL 7.2
- RHL 7.3
- RHL 8.0
- RHEL 2.1
- RHEL 3.0

I picked WBEL 3.0 because my friend had told me that it was the same as
RHEL 3.0. As I now go in search of the NIC and Storage (SCSI RAID) drivers
for the server, can anyone please tell me what the kernel it runs on? I
need to know so that I can download the correct drivers from HP's site.

Also, has anyone out there managed to install WBEL 3.0 successfully on this
server before? Would really appreciate some pointers.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Andrew