[WBEL-users] Re: Boot up screen !

Paul subsolar@subsolar.org
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 20:34:35 -0500

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 19:16, William Hooper wrote:
> Paul said:
> > I think turning on the graphical boot screen ... I don't have a WB
> > system running here to try it out on, but you could try editing the
> > /etc/sysconfig/init and make sure the line that starts with GRAPHICAL=
> > says GRAPHICAL=yes
>
> Whitebox doesn't have rhgb (that was introduced in FC1).

Your right ... I checked a server I have on the internet.  The program
/usr/bin/rhgb does not exist in my install of WBEL even though code in
the init scripts are there to call it.

But on one of the mirrors I see the package rhgb-0.11.2-4.i386.rpm in
the updates directory
(ftp://mirror.physics.ncsu.edu/pub/whitebox/3.0/en/updates/i386).
Installing that sould put on a pretty boot screen to cover up all the
nasty details.  It looks like Redhat added it to update 1 of RHEL.

Regards,
Paul Berger
--
Duct Tape - When a temporary solution is good enough!