[WBEL-users] Bug tracking and source versioning software

Benjamin J. Weiss Benjamin J. Weiss" <benjamin@birdvet.org
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:44:40 -0500 (CDT)

All,

I'm wanting to stand up a server at work that will both track bugs and
allow us to store source.  The server will be WBEL, but the clients will
be WindowsXP (no, I have no control over the desktop OS. :)

The ol' tried and true method is CVS+Bugzilla.  The plus on this is that I
understand (though I've never used them) that they can work together, so
that I can see versions of modules or source that have been modified in
order to fix certain bugs.  The down side is that I hear that they're both
old technology, and the one time I tried to install Bugzilla was a
nightmare.

The other method I'm looking at is using SubVersion+Scarab.  I haven't
tried the SubVersion install yet, but Scarab seems a bit obtuse and
difficult to use for a bug-tracking system.  It could be that I haven't
modified it enough.

Anybody have any recommendations?  I'd sure be appreciative!

Thanks!

Ben