[WBEL-users] Bug tracking and source versioning software

James Knowles jamesk@ifm-services.com
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 20:46:13 -0600

>- Lack of directory support means moving files becomes a system
>administrator job

Only if you want to retain the change log for the moved file, and don't
care to document the change. But yes, it could be a lot easier. Known
deficiency in CVS.

>- Lack of locking files - this hurts particularly for the binary files where
>there is no merge capabilities (like for documentation).

Wrong tool for the job. Sorry.

Yes, I know that there's locking available, but we don't use it because
we primarily deal with text files (ASCII, HTML, XML, source code).
That's where CVS shines.