[WBEL-users] Dhcpcd vs. Dhclient.....FIGHT!

Aaron Smith asmith@nexcerpt.com
Fri, 03 Dec 2004 08:59:11 -0500

--=-vRrGXfY8+wbrGA8p9axq

	So last night I upgraded my Redhat 7.3 server at home to Whitebox 3.0.=20
I've had good success with such upgrades on servers here at work.=20
However, I'm having a devil of a time getting this sucker to get a DHCP
address from my cable modem.  I figure it has to be something simple
that I'm overlooking.  I believe RH 7.3 used dhcpcd whereas WB uses
dhclient.  Does anyone know of any functional differences between these
two clients? =20
I've got the same network card.
I've reset the cable modem.
I've removed all iptables firewalls (temp, just to check)
I've connected the cable modem to a Windows XP box and it gets an IP
just fine.
  Has anyone else run into something like this or can think of something
I might be overlooking?  I'm about ready to compile a copy of dhcpcd on
this and see if THAT works.

--=20
Aaron Smith             		vox: 269.226.9550 ext.26
Network Director        		fax: 269.349.9076=09
Nexcerpt, Inc.          		http://www.nexcerpt.com
=09
	...Nexcerpt... Extend Your Expertise

--=-vRrGXfY8+wbrGA8p9axq