[WBEL-users] Dhcpcd vs. Dhclient.....FIGHT!

Michael Squires MSQUIRES@iga.state.in.us
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:02:27 -0500

I'm on a Insight/Comcast cable modem which apppears to use the AT&T
Broadband setup.  The service only allows one MAC address to be active
at a time, and won't respond to DHCP requests from a MAC address other
than the one that's currently listed in its database. I'm not sure that
this is your problem, but it sounds as if there might be a similar
problem with your cable modem service provider.

I've also seen reports that some cable modem providers were not
providing DHCP services to systems not using the nonstandard MS dhcp
client, but since your service was working this seems unlikely.

Mike Squires