[WBEL-users] WBEL ...dead?

Karanbir Singh Mail-Lists@karan.org
Fri, 03 Dec 2004 17:40:39 +0000

Aly Dharshi wrote:
> Which is why you should simply get the real stuff, RHEL, if you are

Why ? the other RHEL recompiles dont have this 'its coming, hang on'
attitude do they ?

If there is a security issue out there, you can put in a fairly good
idea as to when its possible to deploy with them. Whats the scene with
WBEL ?

> trying to sell this to your Manager or CTO. Support also comes as part
> of this which WHEL doesn't offer in the commercial sense except via this

There are people who would commercially support a WBEL install....

> list or by users.
>
> Cheers,

I have no issues with WBEL - JohnM is making a major effort to keep it
going, but he needs to open up more to the community. Well 'need' is the
wrong word. He dosent need to do anything. Let me put it this way 'I
would like to see him open up a lot more to the community'.

He has made it quite clear that WBEL is to fit into his internal
requirements - who ever can make use of it, its their lookout - and he
is entitled to this view point.

- K

--
Karanbir Singh   : http://www.karan.org/