[WBEL-users] Re: [WBEL-devel] I'm not dead yet. :)

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 13:51:12 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Kay Diederichs wrote:

> I don't see it on any of the mirrors until now (dec-06), not even on NCSU . Did
> you change the location of the updates directory, so that the mirrors mirror the
> wrong site/directory?

Not sure what was wrong but I show an rsync is currently in progress with
ncsu so I'd guess the problem has been solved from their end.

But while digging around in our system logs I did find this:

Dec  6 09:35:30 odin rsyncd[17490]: malformed address mirror.physics.ncsu.edu
Dec  6 09:35:30 odin rsyncd[17490]: malformed address mjolnir.library.beau.org
Dec  6 09:35:30 odin rsyncd[17490]: rsync denied on module whitebox from turn5.biologie.uni-konstanz.de (134.34.128.73)

Looks like someone was trying to see if they could rsync and was denied,
which is no problem.  But what were those other lines for?  Even if ncsu
was having some sort of dns glitch why would it also fail to find the
address on my machine, especially since the same server is our primary
dns?  It basically errored every entry listed in hosts allow in
rsyncd.conf except two backup entries listed as IP addresses.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!