[WBEL-users] Dell: Red Hat needs to lower prices

Wes A. Jones wjones@onehop.com
Wed, 08 Dec 2004 10:23:29 -0500

--------------070103010606010908030300

From: http://www.redhat.com/renew/

Your Red Hat software is licensed under the GPL which means you can keep
using the open source code regardless of whether your subscription is
active or expired. However, there are many benefits to keeping your
subscription active:

    * *Keep your systems secure* - Red Hat quickly provides the latest
      security patches, all extensively tested.
    * *Access support you can trust* - Deploy confidently with the
      backing of the Linux experts at Red Hat.
    * *Automate everyday maintenance tasks* - Save time and become more
      efficient by using Red Hat Network to manage your systems.
    * *Get the latest software faster* - Always tested and ready to go.
    * *Grow your technology infrastructure responsibly* - Subscriptions
      are an easier, more efficient way of growing your infrastructure.

/----------------------------------------------------------------\
| Wes A. Jones / President/CEO                                   |
| Be On The Look Out For, Inc. (http://beonthelookoutfor.com)    |
| OneHop Internet Services (http://onehop.com)    $12.99-$15.99  |
| (386) 755-2000                                 Dialup-Internet |
\----------------------------------------------------------------/

Rex Dieter wrote:

> John Lowry wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, William Hooper wrote:
>

>>> There is nothing that says you can't buy RHEL with the year of
>>> updates, then after that year stop your RHN subscription and roll
>>> your own
>>> updates.
>>

>> Yes there is.  The license says you can't run RHEL after your license
>> expires.
>

> Not to doubt you, but as I haven't actually seen the license... Could
> anyone confirm this to be true?
>
> -- Rex

--------------070103010606010908030300

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
keep using the open source code regardless of whether your subscription
is active or expired. However, there are many benefits to keeping your
subscription active:</p>
<ul>
provides the latest security patches, all extensively tested. </li>
confidently with the backing of the Linux experts at Red Hat.</li>
and become more efficient by using Red Hat Network to manage your
systems.</li>
and ready to go.</li>
- Subscriptions are an easier, more efficient way of growing your
infrastructure.</li>
</ul>
| Wes A. Jones / President/CEO                                   |
| Be On The Look Out For, Inc. (<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://beonthelookoutfor.com">http://beonthelookoutfor.com</a>)    |
| OneHop Internet Services (<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://onehop.com">http://onehop.com</a>)    $12.99-$15.99  |