[WBEL-users] Very stupid question, but....

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 19:46:54 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Raimo Koski wrote:

> Most are easy and fast to build, but some require much skill and long
> time. Openoffice.org is the slowest to compile and it takes something like
> 12 hours on a reasonably fast machine, the next is kernel. Of the problems

Guess that depends on what a 'fast machine' is defined as.  I saw a 11+
hour build time once for OO.o on an AMD Tbird clocked at 900, but on more
robust hardware (Athlon64 3200+) it builds in about three.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!