[WBEL-users] Apache SSL and virtualhost

Pete Stevens pete@ex-parrot.com
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 08:11:50 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, John Hinton wrote:

> Did I read on here somewhere that you must now have an individual IP for
> every SSL virtualhost? Seems I keep running in circles adding a second
> SSL domain. :(

Yes, SSL sites needs to be on different IP addressess. In short, the SSL
starts before the virtual hosting, which means the server doesn't know which
SSL certificate to use until after it's brought up the SSL connection,
consequently the only way to tell them apart is to put each site on a
different IP address.

Yours,

Pete Stevens

--
Pete Stevens
pete@ex-parrot.com

                         War does not determine who is right, only who is left.
                                                        -- seen on the internet