[WBEL-users] Updating WBEL - howto?

Shapiro, Mark mshapiro@Exchange.FULLERTON.EDU
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 07:08:37 -0800

Dear Matthew,

I tried to send you a copy of the "sources" file from my /etc/sysconfig/rhn directory on a box that is running the original WBEL 3.0 distribution.

This sources file points up2date directly to the NCSU mirror, which is fairly fast.

However, your email program blocked the message.

If you can tell me how to send the file to you, I would be happy to do so.

Mark Shapiro

________________________________

From: whitebox-users-admin@beau.org on behalf of Matthew Hodgett
Sent: Wed 12/8/2004 8:35 PM
To: whitebox-users@beau.org
Subject: [WBEL-users] Updating WBEL - howto?

I know this have been coevered before, but I still don't seem to get
updates.

I have tried using yum update after freshly installing WBEL but after
processing the heders the end result is that there are no updates.

If I use up2date (after installing the key of course) it ALWAYS bombs
out for various reasons.

My assumptons are; up2date can work, there are updates (I can see them
in X), there is no secret to be found for getting the updates.

Help?!

Matthew Hodgett
'Pushing a rope is no fun' (but pinching a good quote is)