[WBEL-users] Circularity in YUM

Rafael Baquero S. rbaqueros@yahoo.com.mx
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:02:17 -0600

Hi David.

Seems like there is some sort of problem with your RPM database or maybe you
internet connection or possibly both.

Both XFree86 and up2date are available in mirror.physics.ncsu.edu, I juste
checked and thera are updated versions for both. If I am not mistaken
up2date-gnome is a graphical interface for up2date and you mentioned that
these servers use no GUI so up2date-gnome should not be required. I just
checked one of my servers (no GUI) and up2date-gnome is not installed.
redhat-config-network is also a graphical interface. I suggest you try the
following:

i) Uninstall up2dat-gnome with rpm -e up2date-gnome
ii) Uninstall redhat-config-network with rpm -e redhat-config-network
iii) Update up2date manually with yum update up2date
iv) Update redhat-config-network-tui with yum update
redhat-config-network-tui.

I think this should fix your problem.

Good luck.

Rafael.