[WBEL-users] USB ehci-hcd support under WBEL

Jean Lee jean.lee@free.fr
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 18:14:29 +0100

Hello all,

I am trying to know if I have the USB support with my installed WBEL and
I didn't really find the answer.

When I go into :

Main menu -> Control center -> informations -> USB devices, I can see
the following:
Intel Corp 82801EB USB2 (5)
and in the explanation window, the field "manufacturer" is :
Linux 2.4.21-4.EL ehci-hcd

I suppose that I have an Intel host controller with ehci-hcd driver but
is it supported under WBEL?
I looked on linux-usb.org and they say that the modules usb-ohci and
usb-storage should be loaded with modprobe. I tried but modprobe didn't
find them : do I have to recompile the kernel ? If yes, Is it possible
to install a kernel without desinstalling all the other softwares ?

On linux-usb.org, the first recomended step is to configure the kernel
for USB support with the command :
make menuconfig.
I tried in a shell under root privileges but it doesn't work.

Well, I'm a bit lost.
Can anybody give me the right starting point to make an USB mass storage
device working with WBEL and the Intel USB-host ?

Thank you for any help,

Jean Lee