[WBEL-users] USB ehci-hcd support under WBEL

Francisco Isgleas francisco@isgleas.net
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:56:16 -0600

El mar, 14-12-2004 a las 18:14 +0100, Jean Lee escribió:

> On linux-usb.org, the first recomended step is to configure the kernel
> for USB support with the command :
> make menuconfig.
> I tried in a shell under root privileges but it doesn't work.

Make sure you have the kernel-source installed (rpm -q kernel-source)

If you don't, then you have to install it via yum (yum install kernel-
source) as well as the development packages (glibc and glibc-headers if
I can recall)... then, you must change to the source directory
(/usr/src/linux) and then 'make {config, menuconfig, xconfig}' and
proceed with your modifications... then you have to modprobe...

That way, you've just recompiled your kernel (no changes on any other
software required)...

If you don't want to do this, then give the kernel-unsupported package a
try... I recompile this way in order to get my Palm sync'd with
evolution, but some folks told me about the kernel-unsupported rpm (via
yum, yum search unsupported)

C'ya

'Franscsi' Isgleas
Quedo de Usted: