HWADDR in ifcfg-ethX (Was Re: [WBEL-users] How can I cloning a freshly tweaked system?)

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:42:47 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Kirby C. Bohling wrote:

> Huh?  I'm not sure, but I believe you have that wrong....  I believe
> setting the variable MACADDR will do what you are describing, but
> HWADDR is a different beast.  HWADDR appears to be setup by default
> by RH in ifcfg-ethX.  I've never seen MACADDR set.

Yup, you are right.  Just confirmed by examining ifup again.  Guess its
what I get for relying on memory.  I have always whacked those HWADDR
lines out right after install, just so they can't ever cause trouble.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!