[WBEL-users] Severe PHP vulnerability??

Mike Staver staver@fimble.com
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:51:22 -0700

I sent out an email with an attachment for people to check out, but
apparently the list doesn't accept attachments without approval.
Basically, I was just saying that I've been comprimised by this new
security hole already.  A worm called the NeverEverNoSanity WebWorm
generation 9.  I can't find squat on google about this, so all I have
done right now is kill apache.  Every php file on my entire system that
was web accessible has been replaced with this lovely text:

<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>This site is defaced!!!</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY bgcolor="#000000" text="#FF0000">
<H1>This site is defaced!!!</H1>
<HR>
<ADDRESS><b>NeverEverNoSanity WebWorm generation 9.</b></ADDRESS>
</BODY></HTML>

So, my point is, updated PHP rpms would be appreciated.  Also, I want to
throw time at this to make a contribution to the project - can somebody
tell me how to snag the source if any update RH updates exist, and then
how to roll them for WBEL?