[WBEL-users] Possible arts update depedency problem

Kirby C. Bohling kbohling@birddog.com
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 10:58:54 -0600

On Sun, Dec 26, 2004 at 05:35:09PM -0500, William Hooper wrote:

> pedro caņadilla said:
> > Hi,
> >

> > Updating the arts package arts-1.1.3-2.3.i386.rpm, I've just gotten
> > the following message:
> >
> > Resolving·dependencies
> > ......Unable to satisfy dependencies
> > Package arts needs libmad.so.0, this is not available.
>
> Interesting.  This dependency isn't in the original RHN RPM.  Looks to be
> some kind of packaging error.

What are you  willing to bet that the package was built on a machine
that had "libmad" installed on it and the ./configure picked it up
automatically.

I've rebuilt the package by hand on a machine that has very little
non-stock WBEL packages, and it installs just fine.  The one on WBEL
gave me an error about libmad.

	Kirby