[WBEL-users] Re: Possible arts update depedency problem

Kirby C. Bohling kbohling@birddog.com
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 13:16:29 -0600

On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 10:59:42AM -0800, Ben Mohilef wrote:
> I built arts from the redhat source rpm and didn't encounter this
> dependency on any of the PC's we put it on. I haven't heard about
> this on the Taroon or RedHat lists either.
>
> Is anyone with the libmad issue  game to build from the RH src rpm
> and see if the resulting rpm builds and installs without libmad?

I already have built it from the WBEL SRPM.  The one I built works
just fine without libmad.  The binary RPM from WBEL wouldn't install
(according to YUM, I didn't try it manually).  My guess is the
package was built on a machine that had libmad installed.  The
configure script automatically picked it up (if you look in the
configure config and the configure log file, you'll see it does in
fact look for libmad). The rpmbuild tools automatically picked up
the dependencies.

My guess is the real trick will be to install libmad and build the
package again.  Uninstall libmad and see if it will let me install.
I'm guessing the answer is no.

	Kirby