[WBEL-users] Switch over to APT

Edward Rudd eddie@omegaware.com
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 23:15:08 -0500

On Mon, 2004-12-27 at 22:20, Raymond Lillard wrote:

> Here's a real-world benchmark.
>
> Just this afternoon, I re-installed respin1 on a 800MHz dual
> PentiumIII starting with repartitioning the disks.  I booted
> from CD-1 at 1530 local time and started with verifying
> the media.  The entire process was complete at 1900 hrs, so
> in my case it 3.5 hrs to install and do a "yum update" using
> the default yum.conf.  This was over a well connected T-1
> (1.544Mb) network link.
>
> I suppose in some circles that would be considered a long
> time, but I had plenty of other things to do another than
> sit and stare at the screen.  Personally, this seems a bit
> on the slow side, but not unrealisticly so.  If I had to
> do this more frequently, there would come a point where
> I would setup rsync and keep a local archive.

which is what I am doing, just with APT instead of yum. as I also prefer
the apt interface over yum (apt-shell is DA BOMB)

> I'm grateful to have WBEL available and have the grace
> to not complain about things I'm not spending cash on.

I am too , WBEL is a very nice product. and I'm not complaining at all.
The original poster was asking if there was apt repos, and I told him
how to make one like I have setup.

--
Edward Rudd <eddie@omegaware.com>
Website http://www.outoforder.cc/