[WBEL-users] iptables auto add baddies script?

Jon Lewis jlewis@lewis.org
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 16:20:49 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004, Luke Scharf wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 15:00, Vic wrote:
> > I've collected 3900 blocks in a couple of weeks. Perhaps my trigger is set
> > a little sensitive... ;-)
>
> That's about right, considering what logwatch sends me every night --
> and considering that a Windows XP machine w/o a service pack lasts <=
> 120 seconds on a fast+public network before being successfully 0wn3d by
> some worm.

You people are doing this the wrong way around.  Don't block the hosts you
think are "bad".  Block everyone.  Then allow just the IP ranges you
actually need to have access.

 Jon Lewis                   |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |