[WBEL-users] Zone Permissions - Bind

John Hinton webmaster@ew3d.com
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 19:03:02 -0500

Seems that I'm still having some issues with bind after the cruddy
update from RedHat.

I run three nameservers, one mostly a master, the other two as slaves
and the master also slaves for another nameserver. Anyway, after doing
that 'junk' update which wrecked chroot'd bind systems, it seems that my
slaves can no longer get updated zone files from the master. I notice
that my slave records from other machines are owned by named, whereas
the master records are owned by root under group named? Is this right?
If not, what would I need to change to make the machine write them as
owner named?

Thanks to all!!

Happy New Year!
John Hinton