[WBEL-users] New install after up2date no keyboard

Robert Moskowitz rgm@htt-consult.com
Fri, 31 Dec 2004 11:02:53 -0500

At 06:31 PM 12/30/2004, Jan-Albert van Ree wrote:

>Now you should get normal terminals after boot. Try
>starting X from there, so you can switch terminals to check for X errors to
>see why your keyboard isn't working.

Two more questions:

How do you start the graphical system?  Remember I installed GNOME and KDE,
but want GNOME.  Typing gnome didn't do anything.  Typing X seems to do
something, I have an X on a graphically appearing screen (but all gray) and
nothing else.

And, how do I switch terminals?  It has been a loooong time!  :)