[WBEL-users] Pilgrims progress -- New install after up2date no keyboard

Robert Moskowitz rgm@htt-consult.com
Fri, 31 Dec 2004 14:35:27 -0500

At 02:00 PM 12/31/2004, Dave J. Hala Jr. wrote:
>I've ran into issues with certain hardware/linux and kvm switches.
>
>Try plugging a keyboard directly into the back of this box and see if
>the problem goes away.

I found a keyboard (a compaq one) with a long enough cable to reach over to
the monitor......

Same behavior.

Nothing works in level 5.  level 3 behaves the same as before

One more observation.

When I login as user and startx, the desktop icons show up, but the task
bar on the bottom is empty.

<c-a-d> brings up a strangely empty dialog, but knowing the content, I was
able to just logoff.  This brought me back to character mode.  I really
logged out, come in as root, and things work.