[WBEL-users] No complete custom & Joe missing from packaged RPMs

Jan-Albert van Ree javanree@vanree.net
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 12:16:55 +0100

On Friday 06 February 2004 23:58, Joe Klemmer wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 16:29, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> > > It's not part of RHEL 3.
> >
> > Any interest in a "contrib" CD for stuff many people want but is not in
> > RHEL? I am thinking common stuff like 'joe' which used to be there,
> > perhaps some mp3 stuff depending on legal issues, security stuff, etc.
> > All with rpms built to drop into WBEL.
>
> 	Personally I think it might be better to use the Fedora rpms for stuff
> like this.  Ideally WBL should mimic RHEL as much as absolutely
> possible.

I strongly disagree... we'll need to at least rebuild them, since Fedora
might be using different versions of certain libraries. They are most
likely going to go 2.6 pretty soon, which will introduce issues since WBEL
is a 2.4 kernel and I don't see RedHat going 2.6 for RHEL, so neither will
WBEL.
--
Jan-Albert van Ree        | http://www.vanree.net/~javanree/
VanReeDotNet IT Solutions | http://www.vanree.net