[WBEL-users] I2C support

Pete Stevens pete@ex-parrot.com
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 15:47:53 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I've installed WBEL on two of my machines, P4 with an SIS 661FX chipset.

I'm attempting to enable the temperature monitoring with the package
lm_sensors and I note that the i2c kernel modules appear to be missing from
the prepackaged kernel.

I'm using the kernel rpm

kernel-smp-2.4.21-9.EL

Is this intentional? The kernel config file in the kernel-source-2.4.21 rpm
indicates that the i2c modules should have been built, although I can't
compile it cleanly on my system with the config
configs/kernel-2.4.21-i686-smp.config

Is it likely to help if I install kernel-smp-unsupported-2.4.21-4.EL.i686.rpm
?

Whats the difference between the unsupported kernel and hte normal kernel,
apart from the unsupported one being smaller?

Any help appreciated,

Pete Stevens

--
Pete Stevens