[WBEL-users] Redhat Legalese

Mark Reynolds mark@reynolds.net.au
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 19:39:16 +0800

Quoting Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>:

> Joe Klemmer wrote:

> >>Does this then imply that I can buy one set of CDs and be legal to
> >>install on 58 machines and only pay for the support on the machines?
> >

> > 	No, just the opposite.  You can not have any system running RHEL
> > without a support contract.  If you buy one set of CD's and install on
> > 58 systems you must then buy 58 support "contracts".  Period.
>
> The opposite of WHAT? I asked if I could buy a single copy of the media
> and just pay the for the support on multiple machines and you say no,
> you must buy a single copy of the media and pay for support contracts on
> multiple machines. That answer makes no sense to me, at least in regard
> to the question I asked. I fail to see any difference between what I
> wanted to do and what you say I must do instead. Of course I've been
> called for support twice since I went to bed, I may be missing something
> subtle...
>
> Someone else know? Do I really have to pay for a copy of the media on
> each machine in order to get a serial number for the support? Buying
> media for blades is a rip-off.
>
> --
> bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>

Bill, since you did not understand Joe's reply (I think it was joe)
it is unlikely you will understand anyone else's reply.

Why don't you simply goto the redhat website, and read their
very clear, very concise, license agreement?

In summary, it says something like this...

>>> If you have 58 systems running RHEL, then you must then buy 58
>>> support "contracts".  Period.

Sorry, but I'm mystified by people who want everyone else to
read stuff to them .....

Mark Reynolds

Sent through Reynolds Technology IMP http://www.reynolds.net.au/
Configurable spam and virus free email. Anywhere, anytime.