[WBEL-users] what is mdmpd?

Bevis Peters bevis@anvil.com
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:29:06 +0000

Not a specific WB question as such, but I had noticed that even with
512Mb RAM, WB + X + gnome seems to claim 500Mb of it (I assume the
kernel or something is claiming it for later use, I can't believe that
with one X login running one xterm quite that much RAM is actually being
actively used! - though I see that each xterm takes 3Mb!!!!).  Anyhow,
one process listed is 'mdmpd' taking 12Mb, but I can't find any
reference to what this actually is or what it's doing.  Can anyone tell me?

incidentally, we're running WB on a number of production machines here
with no problems.
i'd also like to thank the various ppl who host WB yum servers around
the place!

bevis