[WBEL-users] Disable group ownership automatical recover

Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:41:42 -0600

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 13:56, bzbridge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using White Box for a while.
> When I installed White Box, I changed group ownership of
> /var/log/httpd from root to some user so that users with
> the same group can read httpd log.
>
> After a while, group ownership of /var/log/httpd automatically
> returned to root.
>
> I am not sure which program did this, and would like to
> know how to disable this automatical recovery of group ownership.
>
> Thank you for any help.

It probably was the installation of the update
httpd-2.0.46-26.ent.WB1.i386.rpm that did it ...  and anytime an httpd
update is installed it will probably change back...  But that should be
the only thing that changes it.

-Johnny Hughes