[WBEL-users] Bittorrent seeds

Eric Wood eric@interplas.com
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:46:32 -0500

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 19:12:09 -0600
Johnny Hughes <mailing-lists@hughesjr.com> wrote:

> I forgot to say to set the the variable:
>
> DWN_LOC=/root
>
> to the directory that contains your final-bins-fixed directory (for me
> it is in /root ...

Johnny,
Thanks for the script.  I made your script more generic and did all the specific parms within cron:

[localhost]# cat /usr/local/bin/bt_download.sh
#!/bin/bash
TERM=dumb
MUR=$1
BT_PATH=$2
SEED=$3
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin
BT_PID=`ps -ef | grep btdownload | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'`
kill $BT_PID > /dev/null 2>&1
sleep 10
cd $BT_PATH
nohup python /usr/bin/btdownloadheadless.py --max_upload_rate $MUR $SEED > /dev/null 2>&1 &

[localhost]# crontab -e
0 21 * * * /usr/local/bin/bt_download.sh 64 /home/ewood/bittorrent http://whiteboxlinux.org/liberation-final-bins-good.torrent
0 7 * * * /usr/local/bin/bt_download.sh 8 /home/ewood/bittorrnet http://whiteboxlinux.org/liberation-final-bins-good.torrent

It's uploading the liberation isos now, so it's working (I guess since I see some port 6881 connections comming in).

Would you post on your website.  If this script was there, I would have been bt'ing the iso's much sooner and maybe others will do the same.

Thanks,
-Eric Wood