[WBEL-users] (Off-topic, Sorta) Changing Mailing List FeaturesTo Avoide UCE

Joe Brouhard jbrouhard@kcosc.com
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 16:39:40 -0600 (CST)

> On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Bernie Hoefer wrote:
>>      Hey, all.  Am I the only one who has gotten multiple "fake Rolex"
>> unsolicited commercial e-mails (UCE) within the past 14 hours?  I'm
>
> Nope, no Rolex vendors in my box.  I'm still stuck with the the same
> boring recommendations for enhancing body parts (some of which I don't
> even have).  Wanna trade?

I get this crap *DAILY*... mostly from a Linux user's group that has since
locked down it's mailing list.

I am, however, getting this kind of spam on nearly every one of the
accounts I own or manage.

Only feature that would need to be enabled on a mailman list is "no
unsubscribed posts"  No unsubscribed email can post to the list :-)
(something I put on *ALL* lists that are run off any of my boxes..)

--
Joe Brouhard
Chief of Information Services