[WBEL-users] up2date not working from mirrors?

Daniel Horth whiteboxlinux@quid.com.au
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 23:26:05 +1100

Hi - first off wanted to say thanks to John, the library and all involved in
getting this project to the stage it's at...

I've been lurking on the list for a while with iso downloading and burn
problems, but have finally managed to get WBEL up on a server for testing,
and am very pleased with what I've seen so far.

I have had a problem when trying to update my WBEL box - in that I changed
the sources (/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources) for updates as suggested, but kept
getting a mesasge from up2date telling me my system was fully up to date. I
noticed in teh up2date logs something about ftp access denied - too many
users, so I tried the http: mirror in hawaii... this didn't work for me
either - found that I needed updates - but when trying to get the kernel
update (in the i686 directory) I got a file not found error. I had a look in
the directory manually and found that the kernel update file was called
something different to what was expected.

As much as I hated doing it I set my up2date sources back to the Beauregard
Parish Library, and found that up2date was able to detect all the required
packages for upgrading, and downloaded them and installed fine.

I was wondering if anyone else had problems updating their WBEL from the
mirror servers, and if anything needed to be done so that we can stop
sapping the library bandwidth, and get back on to the mirrors as requested.

Cheers,

Dan.